Built in 1915, Central Elementary School is one of the Crown Jewels in the historic buildings inventory of this community. Baldwin General was selected to renovate and seismically upgrade the building with the design intent of preserving the historic wood windows and brick façade and restoring the interior finishes to original pre-construction condition. A full demolition of the interior plaster and lath walls and selective demolition of roof, attic, and floor framing components was performed to prepare the structure for new sheer walls, reinforcing steel columns and shapes, new domestic water piping, and electrical improvements. Extensive restorative finish carpentry, performed after installation of new veneer plaster, left the appearance of the building’s interior unchanged. Additional work included a new roof, exterior stair systems, and new data wiring in all the classrooms and installation of Smart Boards.