When St. Mary’s Catholic Church bought the historic 1882 three story “Train House” building, they knew it would take some upgrading. Baldwin General worked as Construction Manager / General Contractor in partnership with St. Mary’s user groups to achieve the primary project goal, which was to rehabilitate the building interior to accommodate the change of use to support the needs of St. Mary’s Church administrative functions. The renovated building provides a centrally-located, consolidated space to house five of the Church’s administrative departments as well as a conference space and a maintenance shop that services the multiple buildings on the St. Mary’s campus. The project included limited exterior work, comprised of painting and sealing, new building additions, sealing of the historic windows, new parking lots and associated utilities work. The interior scope involved a structural and seismic upgrade, removal of harmful materials, restoration of historic stair cases and interior trim components, new office build-outs, new high-performance mechanical and lighting, an elevator, and new fire / life safety systems.